– 8+ years of experience administering large databases in a high transaction, 24×7 Microsoft SQL Server database environment.
– Advanced skills in resolving database locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization contention
-Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze database performance and identify problems in areas such as: execution plans, index coverage, and SQL server statistics. Demonstrate ability to solve complex database administration problems.
– Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server in Azure IaaS
– Thorough understanding of Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Optimization, using native and third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools like IDERA/Redgate/OMS MMA or Dynatrace is required
-Advanced knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery strategies. Experience defining hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for capacity planning and performance
– Advanced knowledge SQL Server Disaster Recovery (DR) options, AlwaysOn availability groups and experience administering Windows Server, including Active Directory, Failover clustering, database partitioning, security and encryption
– In depth experience supporting SSIS, SSRS, replication, database mirroring, SQL Reporting Services, DacPac, BacPac, IsPac concept and deployment/automation of database objects is required
– Advanced PowerShell scripting experience with ability to write automated scripts and strong knowledge of system tables and DMVs is required.
– Experience working with data analytics teams and business intelligence tools especially PowerBi
– Advanced working knowledge of Firewall and network security concepts
– Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance health counters and overall server configuration
– Good working knowledge of Networking concepts such as subnetting, telnetting, IPV4 routing protocols and overall network connectivity.
– Understanding of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
– Understanding and experience with SAN hardware and administration.
– Understanding of Virtual Server environments.
– Previous experience working as part of an Agile/Scrum organization
– Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team oriented environment as well as possess the ability to organize, plan and lead projects independently. Share new ideas with the team and be able to think on your feet and recommend solutions.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, rapidly develop proficiency in new skills with a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor
– MCDBA or MCSE: Data Platform Required with at least MCSA SQL Server 2012/2016
– Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer science or related field is strongly desired.
– Experience working with Microsoft Azure IAAS and PAAS solutions. Working experience with SQL Server on IAAS and Azure SQL DB is a plus
– Knowledge of PowerShell for SQL is a plus
– MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
To Apply, Send your resume to recruitVR@precisionsystems.com. Please reference opening number 4180W